Friday, February 10, 2012

Ho hum day...

Today is a work day for me. I work shift work, 12 hour days, which some people say "ick" when they hear it. But then you have to look at it the other way. I work 2 days, I'm off 2 days, and every other weekend is a 3 day off weekend (of course every opposite weekend is a 3 day work weekend). All-in-all it's not that bad. I can schedule appointments on my days off (since they fall during the week). I can take long weekends to do things, or travel, or Quilt.

My Mom likes it because I'm off some days during the week and I take her places. We go to Pennsylvania to Amish country, the farmers market, the outlets, whatever. Hubby likes it because we can plan different things and we get to spend time together. It's a win-win situation.

I worked on my father's quilt some more last night. I did all the straight line quilting on it, and then I got out my BSR foot. I did a couple places, as I keep hanging it over the edge of the ironing board and thinking "it could use a little something here". Eventually I'll have to stop doing that or I'll never get it done. I just have a few more things to do in the boarders and then I can put the binding on. It's already made, just waiting to be stitched on.

Well, it's almost time for me to head home. The skies have been a bit dreary here all day and there has been talk of snow overnight.  I love the thought of snow, but I also hate the thought of snow when I work. That means I have to be the one to shovel the sidewalks around here. That ought to do my back wonders!! Oh well, what's a woman to do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment