Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Queen's New Year

Well, it's the start of a New Year - 2010. And it's the start of a new me, hopefully. I have roughly 21 months before I hit the big "5-0" and I plan on hitting it in better shape - physically and mentally - than I am now (not that I'm a mental patient or anything).

My first plan, to eat better and get more exercise. I need to cut the weight and gain more energy. This will be the hardest part of the journey, but, I'm prepared to do it. I want to face 50 square in the face and say "ha!! I beat you!!".

The second half of my plan (which should help with the first) is to get things done that I've been putting off. Things like: painting the inside of the house, cleaning the basement storage area, finishing all my unfinished quilts, more gardening, and a whole list of other things I just keep adding to.

And since this year Christmas came.......and went so quickly for me, I'm working on being more prepared for next year. I want to enjoy the season more with my family and friends, instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I proclaim that Christmas presents will be bought and wrapped by the 1st of December. Cards will be ready to mail by the first week of December. The house will be decorated, inside and out, buy the first week of December. I want to coast into Christmas, sipping hot tea, driving around looking at the lights, and enjoying my family and friends company.

So, I've started the Queen's Blog, to keep myself, and anyone else who cares, up to speed on how my life is rolling towards 50. And to all you women in the same boat, grab and oar, it could be a bumpy ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment